In this page we are compiling materials relevant to SALVO, Liberation Scotland and The Stirling Directive. Please feel free to post relevant links into ‘comments’.
Salvo was formed to restore Scotland’s constitution. Salvo is not a political party as such. Rather, it describes itself as ‘the campaigning arm’ of Liberation Scotland and is dedicated to restoring Scotland’s national, constitutional and historic rights as set out in their interim constitution.
This link to Iain Lawson's blog has the full text of The Stirling Directive, appendices, and initial reaction from commenters.
Stirling Directive full text. – YOURS FOR SCOTLAND (wordpress.com)
The Claim of Right
For centuries, our political and legal character before the Treaty of Union in 1707 has been sneered at. Apparently, we were a nation dominated by English-style nobles where the rights of the ‘small folk’, the ordinary man and woman, were virtually non-existent.
But it’s not true.
Scotland’s history of popular democracy, of human rights, of a code of justice and of a principle of equality puts anything in Magna Carta or the English Bill of Rights into the shade. So far into the shade that it makes English democracy boasts look foolish and hollow compared with the record of its northern neighbour.
Scotland was a nation that held power to account, that saw to the needs of the poor and the rights of everybody. It tells of the right to rebellion against tyranny and of the care of a people for the education of the poorest as well as the richest. Of the right not only to justice for all but of the kind of justice that applied to king or a candlemaker alike.
It’s about time we all knew true history of our constitution. And be proud of it. And once you know about it, to join Salvo to get it back.’ Sara Salyers
(277) Salvo Launch Sara Salyers Closing Speech - YouTube
(277) SSRG Conference - Douglas Chapman (SNP), Neale Hanvey (Alba), Sara Salyers - Q & A The Way Forward - YouTube
(277) Salvo - Sara Salyers intro to Salvo at Aye Aberdeen Yestival, Blue Lamp - YouTube
(277) Building the Scottish State Show - with special guest Sara Salyers (S1.EP35) - YouTube
(277) Building the Scottish State Show - with special guest Sara Salyers (S1.EP26) - YouTube
(277) Salvo, Sovereignty and Liberation - a Scottish National Congress Special - YouTube
(277) 'The Great Pain Robbery': A #ScotSalvo and liberation.scot Special Broadcast - YouTube